With the upcoming 2017 World Athletics Championships being held here in London, we will be running our own FREE Para Athletics sessions over the summer months. This is a great opportunity for our Para Athletes here in Havering to get involved in the spirit of the event.
When? Every Monday and Wednesday evening until late September. First session is Monday 10th July.
Where? Hornchurch Stadium (Bridge Avenue, Upminster, RM14 2LX)
What time? 4.30 - 5.45pm
Who can attend? Open to anyone aged 5+ with any type of disability (physical, sensory, learning).
At the completion of the summer we will be holding one final event to celebrate and recognise all our amazing participants and their families. Prizes, giveaways, music and fun are all to be had. Details of this event are TBC.
Para Swim - Summer Holidays
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
Multi-Sport Summer Sessions
This summer we are holding two multi-sport sessions over the first two weeks of the school holidays.
These sessions follow the same format at the half term and Easter sessions already held earlier this year.
Date: Thursday 27th July & Thursday 3rd August
Location: YMCA, Romford
Time: 1 - 3.30pm
Sport Activities: TBC
- Swim and Gym for people aged 13-25, Sundays at Hornchurch Sports Centre. Call 01708 450 609 for more information.
- Metro Sport provide a monthly newsletter with a range of activities – you can see the latest issue here.
- Thames Chase offer a cycle hire scheme, which also include adapted cycles as part of their “Cycling for All” project.
- Boccia (Mondays and Thursdays) and Yoga (Tuesdays) are held weekly at YMCA. Call 01708 766211 for more information.
- Weekly Satellite club at Romford YMCA, including dance, basketball, archery, multi-sport and football.
Can you offer local inclusive sport sessions in Havering?
Disability Sport Coach - Summer Festival
The Summer Festival 2017 is a free sports event for all disabled people, acting as an end of year celebration for all those that attend Community Clubs in London. However, the day is open to anyone - even if you haven't joined your local Community Club.
The event will have over 20 different sports and activities delivered by our partner organisations so you can find out about more opportunities to get active in your local area. There will be raffles, prizes, live music, giveaways and face painting also available.
Date: 28th July 2017
Time: 10am - 2pm
Location: Westway Sports Centre, W10 6EX
For more information please call Louis on: 020 7928 4267 or visit: www.disabilitysportscoach.co.uk