October Half Term Sports Programme
To Book on to any of these sessions during October Half Term click here: School Holiday Activities - Event Booking
*Please note that the West Ham Camp 8+ is fully booked on Thursday 25th October and no longer available.
FREE Dodgeball sessions every Tuesday afternoon at the Rainham Royals Youth Centre.
Ages 8+ from 5 - 6pm
Ages 11+ from 6.30 - 7.30pm
No previous experience required, both boys and girls welcome!
Skate 4 Disability
We have teamed up with our friends at Everyone Active to bring you Skate 4 Disability this October half term. The session is open to all ages with any type of disability. If you or your child would like to have a go, please register your interest with us here: http://www.haveringactive.co.uk/…/disa…/skate-for-disability
Please read the following important information:
- An area of the rink will be sectioned off for the Skate for Disability session.
- No music will be played on the rink from 10am until 11.30am; however please note that there will be noise from the other skaters at the public session on the other area of the rink.
- You can arrive prior to 10am to pay for the session and collect skates.
- Open to all ages.
- Wheelchairs OK on the ice.
- A reminder that this is an open skate session, not a lesson. There is no instructor but staff will be there to assist getting on and off the ice if required.
- Regular ice rink and skate hire costs apply.
- Parents/caregivers to stay as appropriate.
- Under 8’s must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
- Adult £8.50, plus £2 skate hire
- Junior £7.50, plus £2 skate hire
- Concession £7.00, plus £2 skate hire
- Senior £7, plus £2 skate hire
- Carer Free entry, plus £2 skate hire
How to book/pay:
- In the centre.
- Online – visit www.everyoneactive.com and login to book and pay.
2018 Summer Success!
The 2018 Summer Holiday programme saw over 800 children and young people taking part in a variety of sports sessions all across the borough.
Athletics at Hornchurch Stadium remained very popular with 200 children attending over the 16 sessions delivered with coaches Nikki, Jo, Jordan, Tosin and Phil.
The West Ham Football Camps at Brittons Academy were fully booked week to week and they battled 30+ degree days, icy temperatures and pouring rain across five consecutive Thursday's. Overall these were a huge success.
Upminster Golf was also full to capacity and we had some brand new members attending which is fantastic to see.
Lamar Roberts from the London Lions and his RDF coaching squad helped facilitate Basketball clinics and 3x3 tournaments at Bower Park Academy. It was great to watch the young ballers working on their craft.
Parkour/Free Running proved extremely popular with the local youth these holidays. As a result of this success and mass interest, we are developing a weekly club in conjunction with Havering’s Children’s Services and Team Kinetix – looking to start in early October.
Over at the YMCA we ran three multi-sport events for children with disabilities which saw 47 attending. Cricket, Tennis, Boccia, Football and the Para Arts team were all present and helped deliver some really fun afternoons.
Finally, our Netball, Girls’ Football, Family Fun in the Park, Sports Camps and Housing Projects ran smoothly despite the threatening rain cancelling the odd session.
A big thank you to all our coaching staff, partners and facilities for working extremely hard, putting in big hours and doing such a great job teaming up with us to produce a fantastic portfolio of sport and exercise for our community.
We look forward to seeing everyone again during October half term for more action-packed activities. Be sure to check the School Holiday Activities tab for schedules and booking links in the very near future.
- Havering Sports Development Team
Para Activities Coming Up...
The summer holidays are coming to an end... But that means weekly activities and term-time programmes are right around the corner! Here is our Para Active sport schedule for children and young people with disabilities. So much fun to be had!