Skate 4 Disability
We have teamed up with our friends at Everyone Active to bring you Skate 4 Disability this October half term. The session is open to all ages with any type of disability. If you or your child would like to have a go, please register your interest with us here: http://www.haveringactive.co.uk/…/disa…/skate-for-disability
Please read the following important information:
- An area of the rink will be sectioned off for the Skate for Disability session.
- No music will be played on the rink from 10am until 11.30am; however please note that there will be noise from the other skaters at the public session on the other area of the rink.
- You can arrive prior to 10am to pay for the session and collect skates.
- Open to all ages.
- Wheelchairs OK on the ice.
- A reminder that this is an open skate session, not a lesson. There is no instructor but staff will be there to assist getting on and off the ice if required.
- Regular ice rink and skate hire costs apply.
- Parents/caregivers to stay as appropriate.
- Under 8’s must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
- Adult £8.50, plus £2 skate hire
- Junior £7.50, plus £2 skate hire
- Concession £7.00, plus £2 skate hire
- Senior £7, plus £2 skate hire
- Carer Free entry, plus £2 skate hire
How to book/pay:
- In the centre.
- Online – visit www.everyoneactive.com and login to book and pay.
Para Activities Coming Up...
The summer holidays are coming to an end... But that means weekly activities and term-time programmes are right around the corner! Here is our Para Active sport schedule for children and young people with disabilities. So much fun to be had!
Please pre book for football on http://www.haveringactive.co.uk/eventscalendar. There is no need to pre book for all other Para Activities. The Para football is located on the astro turf pitch which can be accessed via the entrance further along from the main school entrance.
Schools Soccability Festival
Our friends at Essex County Football Association are hosting four Soccability Festivals over the next few months. These events are for pupils with special educational needs (SEN). See flyer for details and we look forward to seeing you there!
Swim for Confidence
Swim 4 Disability and Swim 4 Confidence
Sapphire Ice and Leisure Centre in Romford offer term time and school holiday swim session times for people of all ages with a disability, and people of all ages looking to build their water confidence - including those with a disability.
Carer swims for free, £3.20 for children and concessions (under 8’s swim free); £4.20 for adults (max of 2 children aged under 8 per adult). A pool pod is available to aid access to the main and teaching pool. Changing Places changing room also available. Swimming timetables can be downloaded from www.everyoneactive.com/centre/sapphire-ice-leisure
Local Cricket for Learning or Physical Disability